Welcome to the CBCA VIC Branch - memberships
The CBCA and the VIC Branch rely on memberships to continue to support and promote the Australian children’s literature industry and our key national programs, The Book of the Year Awards and Shadow Judging.
There are many great benefits of a VIC Branch membership. They include:
- Participation in the Shadow Judging program and the opportunity to apply for funding through the VIC Branch
- Access to all events promoted by the VIC Branch at no cost or a reduced cost, including our Judges’ and Author Talks, professional workshops, book promotions, the Night of the Notables Launch and Children’s Book Week events
- Resources, book reviews, literary news, promotions, and a concierge service in the monthly VIC Branch digital newsletter
- A range of resources, including our Early Childhood play-based activities linked to the CBCA Notable Early Childhood books, current book lists for all ages and lists of Victorian authors and illustrators, their books and back stories on our VIC Branch website
- Book discounts for members at our member-bookshops
- Access to the Member-Only resources on the national CBCA website including Children’s Book Week resources, posters, bookmarks and accompanying trademarked images and banners
- Access to promotions and discounts for Children’s Book Week merchandise
We offer four categories of membership:
Institutions $93 - Schools, public libraries, book sellers, publishers etc.
Personal $65 - Parents, teachers, librarians
Concession $40 - Health care card holders, students, seniors, authors, illustrators
Family $74 - 1-2 adults plus children under 18
Our ‘common’ renewal date of February 1 for all our subscriptions.