2021 CBCA BOOK WEEK'S Theme has been announced ...
Dates for 2021
CBCA Book Week will be celebrated from 21st to 27th August
2020 CBCA Book Week
"Curious Creatures, Wild Minds"
Merchandise still available
CBCA Book Week "Giveaways" were distributed to all CBCA VIC Branch Members, many thanks to CBCA National for this incentive.
2020 has proved to be a year unlike any other. It has seen CBCA VIC Branch move to online programs & events.
- Early October will see a webinar entitled "Presenting to Kids online 101"
- Prior to the CBCA Book of the Year Announcement, CBCA NSW Branch will be streaming "live" from Taronga Zoo
- Another wonderful video featuring our Victorian Judges for the older reader category, together with an activity, targeted at Year 7-12 students will be launched following the official announcements - details to be sent directly to members.
- Head to the national website for CBCA Book Week resources
Current members are eligible for a 20% discount on this year's merchandise if ordered from this Branch.
Last year our members received CBCA Book Week Theme Ideas, as well as Teaching & Learning ideas featuring each of the six Award categories
Comments from our members included:-
"This is a fantastic idea and the resources are fabulous!!!!" "Thank you so much for these amazing resources." "These are much appreciated."
The CBCA Book Week has had a slogan since 1945, but until 1987 each branch created their own posters to illustrate the themes and promote events.
Since 1987 there has been a national theme chosen by the CBCA National Board. Traditionally, the artwork is developed by the winner of the previous year's Picture Book of the Year Illustrator.
CBCA Book Week 2020: 17th-23rd October
Theme: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds
Artwork by Gwyn Perkins,
winner of 2018 CBCA Picture Book of the Year "A Walk in the Bush"
CBCA Book of the Year announcements in 2020:
- Notables announcement: Tuesday 25th February
- Short List announcement: Tuesday 31st March
- Winner and Honour Books announcement: Friday 16th October