MAURICE SAXBY CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Victorian Branch of the Children’s Book Council of Australia is pleased to announce
that with the assistance of The Copyright Agency Cultural Fund
the Maurice Saxby Creative Development Program is now open for submissions.
The Maurice Saxby Creative Development Program is offering emerging children’s writers
and/or illustrators a two week mentorship in Melbourne from 17th Aug – 2nd Sept in 2018.
Applicants are invited to submit the following:
- Up to three children’s picture book texts (with or without illustrations)
- One younger reader manuscript
- One young adult manuscript
- An illustration folio – in a pdf file or photocopies
Submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter stating reasons for applying and a CV including
Send via email to: Attention Pamela Horsey, Coordinator at email@example.com OR
Mail to: Pamela Horsey, Coordinator Maurice Saxby CD Program, P.O.Box 781. KEW. 3101
ENTRIES CLOSE 31ST JANUARY, 2018
WINNERS ANNOUNCED TUESDAY 2ND APRIL, 2018
The program will offer the winning entries the following opportunities.
- Meet with published author/illustrators
- Meet with publishers
- Attend workshops/presentations by authors/illustrators
- Visit the State Library of Victoria Children’s Collection with a representative from the State Library
- Visit specialist children’s book buyers at specialist bookshops
- Visit Dromkeen
- Meet with John Marsden at Candlebark School
- Have their work mentored by an author/illustrator or editor
If the recipient of the mentorship is from interstate, there will be a $500 assistance for travel expenses.
Should the person not have friends or family they can stay with for the duration of the Program,
there is the possibility of a billet with one of the committee members.
For any further information, please contact Pamela Horsey, Coordinator.